Happy New Year! The spring semester is under way, and at our first NAG meeting of the semester, we shared news about several upcoming acoustics events in 2012:
- ASHRAE conference in Chicago, Jan. 21-25
- NCAC 50th Anniversary meeting in Dallas, April 13-15
- ASA conference in Hong Kong, May 13-18
- Internoise 2012 in New York City, August 19-22
- ASA conference in Kansas City, Oct. 22-26
Members of our group plan to be at each of these conferences – it promises to be a great year! The primary focus of this NAG meeting was on professional development in acoustics. Besides mentioning many of the professional societies related to acoustics, we also discussed how to become a licensed professional engineer in acoustics (through the state of Oregon) and how to become a Board Certified member of the Institute of Noise Control Engineering. We hope that ALL of our NAG graduates will pursue such professional development opportunities!